Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Our Private vs Professional Life

[Update: More of Vivian's photos here- (Alvin and Vivian) - I think she looks decent.
and Alvin and Vivian post Q&A Youtube Video
Alvin Tan & Vivian Lee, are we that great to judge them?]

Sex Sells.

Tabloids always like to exaggerate and publish sexual, scandalous stories. The New Paper is of course one such newspapers....

Today's TNP front page featuring ASEAN NUS scholar Alvin Tan Jye Yee and his girlfriend, Vivian Lee, both Malaysians.


The blog soon made headlines in the newspapers and online forums here, and on her Facebook profile, Lee posted a message today saying one of the things she learnt is not to care “how people perceive you or what people think of you”. “Stay who you are and don't let anyone change you just because you expressed yourself differently from them,” she wrote.
On the blog, the couple had written to say: “We love posting our sex life on the web for everyone to enjoy, and we upload only our self-made content.”




No pictures or links to their videos would be posted here, because after all, we all know this is family blog.... uhm. At least I try to be family-safe. >=D

Anyway, trust me guys, not to be rude or what, you really do not need to see any of the pictures or video, the girl is, *ahem* how should I put it..... not really photogenic.




Trust me lah.


Sometimes I do not know why people like to do "sex blog". I always feel sex is a private affair, especially sex with a loved one. Sex texting and sex blogging is something that I would be unable to understand.

I do however, feel that there are so many different type of people in this world, and why should we condemn one just because of his/her sexual preference or likings?
There are so many hoo-hahas on whether NUS should "fire" the man, an ASEAN scholar currently studying law at NUS. From what I know of Singapore's conservative outlook, you guys can probably guess NUS's decisions soon........

I dont like his looks, I dont like his blog (he has since removed it http://alvivi.tumblr.com/), and I definitely dont approve his lifestyle. But to retract his scholarship, to disrupt his academic and professional progression because of his own preferences and sexual likings in life?

What if he would turn out to be a great lawyer? Does that count lesser than his exhibitionist streak?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...